SWEDEN: The Nordic region hosts some of the world’s most innovative biotech, medtech and pharma companies. It also has the 12 strongest economy, making it the perfect place to invest. The Nordic Life Science Days, 14-15 of October in Stockholm offers conference sessions, panel discussions, company presentations, exhibition, face-to-face meetings. It’s an opportunities to network with peers, potential partners and investors.
Nordic Life Science Days brings executives from small to medium sized Nordic life science companies to a global audience in the world’s highest ranking region for innovation. With the audience encompassing pharma, biotech, medtech, diagnostic, digital health companies, financing institutions and industry experts, Nordic Life Science Days is a focused, targeted and exceptional platform to explore the region’s expertise and investment and partnering opportunities.
The event, brought to you by SwedenBIO in conjunction with its sister organisations in Denmark, Finland and Norway, was inspired by the already popular Life Science Day Scandinavia, and for the first time, offers a stage on which to showcase latest innovation in Nordic countries, industry experts in sessions, panel discussions, and keynote formats.
- Science – Dedicated to the processes of open innovation and tech transfer. European tech transfer organisations will present the European Commission’s Innovative Medicines Initiative.
- Finance – Sessions will highlight recent trends and relevant issues related to financing life science projects from seed phase to Phase II clinical trials and shed light on public/private venture capital funding.
- Regulatory & Policy – Exploring the European and Nordic regulatory landscapes and discussion of important regulatory issues. Nordic regulatory agencies will discuss their role in supporting new efficient treatment for better health in Europe. The European Confederation of Pharmaceutical Entrepreneurs will present the new EMA Transparency policy and its impact on access to data.
- Nanomedicine – Nanomedicine is emerging with the potential to make a significant impact in the practice of medicine. This Track will focus on recent advances and opportunities in nanomedicine, including specific applications in nanoparticles for drug delivery, DNA sequencing technologies, illustrated by presentations from leading experts.
- Personalized Medicine & BioBanks – Personalized medicine is about to transform healthcare by improving health outcomes and the potential to make healthcare more cost-effective. That track will offer the most current updates on regulatory, policy, science and business issues.
- Special Session on Stockholm Uppsala – Collaborative business models – do’s and don’ts. Examples from collaborative partnerships will be presented from both partners perspective (universities, small companies and large global companies). A panel will discuss useful experiences, main challenges and opportunities.
The Nordic region is proud to host some of the world’s most innovative biotech, medtech and pharma companies. It also has the 12th strongest economy, making it the perfect place to invest. Set in the idyllic city of Stockholm, the conference offers conference sessions, panel discussions, company presentations, exhibition, face-to-face meetings and unique receptions, providing so much opportunities to network with peers, potential partners and investors.