The long-awaited renewal of the fishing fleet in Russia has finally started. The first round of distribution of governmental incentives for building of new fishing vessels – investment quotas, which constitute up to 20% of Russia’s total quota, was planned for December 2017. As of today, more than 30 boats have already been ordered and 15 new vessels have been keel-laid. The new Russian fishing quota distribution system will be operative from 01.01.2019. Norwegian companies are already in the game, winning tenders for ship design and delivery of different kinds of ship and fishing gear, so if your company is working within the industry and has the capacity and interest to go international: this is the right time to be in Russia!
The Global Growth program
Global Growth is a series of export programmes delivered by Innovation Norway to help Norwegian companies grow in international markets. Participation will increase speed and reduce risk when pursuing new, international business opportunities. Each programme is tailor-made for a group of companies having products, services or technologies that solve problems in specific sectors or industries.
The Global Growth Ocean Space Russia program will have specific components for the market as well as for each individual company. 8-12 Norwegian companies will be selected to participate in the program, which is scheduled to begin in February 2018 and continue through November 2018.
- Top notch mentoring from industry professionals and an active advisor following your progress
- Advisory on the business-to-business relationships and understanding on how different global cultural backgrounds and norms affect sales strategies
- Field visits and B2B meetings with shipyards and Russian fishing fleet owners, combining learning and doing in the local market
- Participation in relevant conferences and exhibitions
- Arctic Fishing conference, Murmansk, 13-14 of March 2018
- Global Fishery Forum, St. Petersburg, 13-15 of September 2018
- Fishermen Congress in Vladivostok, September 2018
Minimum 2 visits to Russia (duration 5 days) and 1 kick-off meeting in Norway.
The participation fee for the programme will be NOK 30.000 per company. Your own travel and accommodation expenses as well as participation fee in exhibitions are not included.
How do you sign up?
Send an email to Ludmila Tolstova