For the second time Team Norway and South Africa’s Department of Science and Technology are hosting Norway – South Africa Science week in Pretoria, South Africa. Following up on last year’s success, this year’s focus will be on green maritime – sustainable use of the ocean.
The objective is to explore opportunities for cooperation between the two countries in business development, higher education and recent technology and innovations. Since the 1990s Norway and South Africa has developed closer cooperation in business development as well as in research. Both countries have long coast lines and hence the ocean space has been a main contributor to our countries’ economies. Sharing knowledge and building stronger relationships in the industry is in both countries interest.
Why should you join?
- There will be a huge opportunity to build new business relations. Key stakeholders from Norway and South Africa will be attending looking for new business opportunities.
- Learn about new innovations in Ocean space. Scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs will attend to share their knowledge.
- Learn how well-established companies and associates face challenges and opportunities related to the blue economy in the next decades.
- Discuss and learn about how we can face climate change as well as creating sustainable ways of utilizing the ocean space.
- Learn from successful female entrepreneurs from Africa and Norway.
For five days Norway – South Africa Science Week will provide a series of events where there will be opportunities to learn from each other about topics such as ocean waste management, climate change, innovation in ocean space and female entrepreneurship.
This year, science week will consist of different events taking place mainly in Pretoria but also in Cape Town.
The first two days of Science Week are dedicated to the SANCOOP Concluding Conference. The objective is to further explore research opportunities and improve research cooperation based on equal partnership between South African and Norwegian researchers.
On Tuesday, the Antarctica Seminar will be held in Cape Town. Interesting talks and workshops concerning the Atlantic Ocean space and Antarctica will address topics such as climate change and the Ocean capacity.
The main Science Week event, Green Maritime -Sustainable Use of the Ocean, will be held on Wednesday in Pretoria. This day is dedicated to explore business opportunities in sustainable use of the ocean space and marine waste management.
On Thursday and Friday, the Science Forum South Africa 2017 will be held in Pretoria. The objective of the forum is to create a debate about the role of science, technology, innovation and society in South Africa. There will also be held a parallel session about women in science and innovation. This session will address challenges experienced by women pursuing careers in scientific research and technology environments.
Join Team Norway for an exciting week in Cape Town and Pretoria from 4-8 December!
For more information and registration please visit www.teamnorway.co.za